Required degree, documents, materials
The application is fully electronic.
* A BA degree in cinematography or photography, or a BA degree in general film studies with a specialisation/major in cinematography issued by a legitimate degree awarding body.
Viewfinder is aware that specific undergraduate qualifications in the area of Film and/or Cinematography may not have been accessible or available until recent times for many experienced and otherwise suitable candidates. Accordingly Viewfinder is prepared to consider significant professional experience subsequent to their undergraduate qualification. Viewfinder accepts applications from candidates that do not have a BA degree in cinematography or photography or general film studies with the required specialization/major but that have a BA degree in another field and that have considerable and verifiable experience in the camera/lighting department with some credits as a DOP.
IMPORTANT: Viewfinder accepts only authorised, stamped or certified copies of your previous Bachelor degree(s) translated to English by a sworn translator.
In the case of ongoing studies: an official school certificate in English stating that the applicant’s Bachelor Degree is due latest by 31 August 2017.
- Depending on the country of origin of the awarded diploma or certificate, there are various methods of authorisation. A list of countries and methods can be found here: List of authorisation procedures by country
- "Apostille seal" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 1, click on the following link to find the competent office: hcch.net
- "Legalization" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 2, find the competent Hungarian, Irish or Estonian embassy in your country to do the legalization of your document. (Legalization by one embassy is sufficient.)
- "Certification" If you find the country of origin of your awarded diploma or certificate in column 3: a certified true copy issued in the country of origin of your document will be accepted.
Please note: Certified copies are copies of original documents that are certified with a stamp and signature to confirm that the copies are true to the originals. You can have documents certified by the educational institution that issued the original documents. Documents that are certified by notaries are not always accepted, so don’t rely on it.
* An English Language Certificate (non-native speakers of English only). Since the language of tuition is English students whose first language is not English must certify their English language skills (CEFR Level B2). Minimum requirement: IELTS certificate, 6.0 or equivalent, e.g. TOEFL iBT 79 or CBT 213 or PBT 550, First Certificate in English (FCE) grade A, or evidence that English was the language of instruction in their previous studies.(Providing an English-language diploma at an institute of higher education (including statement that the BA study of at least 180 ECTS was conducted in English) and presenting a convincing application for a waiver of the requirement.
*A film made by the applicant as a DoP. Maximum length 10 min in total. It can be any kind of film or video production, or parts of any kind of film or video productions shot and credited by the applicant. (Unlisted or public link on YouTube or similar. No password.)
* A scanned version of a valid passport and one digital photo. It is highly recommended that passport / ID have an expiration date of 31 August 2019 or later.
CV, motivation letter and expectations are each limited to 1000 characters (including spaces).